24 years ago Bob Green identified a need for younger Norris students to have the opportunity to experience the sport of wrestling at a more regular and competitive level before they reach junior high school. With the assistance of the Norris coaches he was able to develop the Norris Wrestling Club. The first tournament was held in 1994 and in 1999 Norris Wrestling Club held the first Auto Bracket tournament. The club historically has been made up entirely of volunteers, from the coaches, board members and tournament help. We practice exclusively at Norris High School wrestling deck. On average we have approximately 85 wrestlers on our roster and host a tournament that brings in around 300 area wrestlers.
NWC is dedicated to preparing children for life’s experiences through the sport of wrestling. We will promote the values of sportsmanship, discipline, integrity, self-esteem, physical and mental conditioning, with an overriding goal of having fun. The NWC will demand a high degree of ethical conduct by all its coaches, players, volunteers, and parents so that it provides a good example for the community, the opponents and its participants, thus helping their growth to adulthood.
- Develop and maintain a club which promotes the sport of wrestling therefore developing a feeder program for Norris High School and Middle School teams
- Offer a program that focuses on teaching wrestling technical skills, conditioning and strength training activities while having fun!
- To be financially sound and provide affordable coaching to all of those willing and able to make a commitment to our club
- Promote family involvement through volunteer development
- Provide coaching of the highest quality available and use other resources that enhance individual wrestler development
- Be an example of class and quality, conducting ourselves in an honorable and sportsmanlike manner
- Strive to seek out the strongest competition. Strong competition helps improve and reveal our weaknesses.